Re: Capturing all SQL_IDs for a SessionId

  • From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx, darrah.john@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

Trying to tie Audit Information to a UserId.  The problem is that we use
Business Objects and the AUD$ contains a generic Id (let's say BO_USER ).  So,
we don't know who the actual user is that accessed a particular table. It says
BO_USER access a table XYZ.

The workaround we have used is to have BO application pass the UserId as a
comment in the SQL statement itself, and that's working fine. SQL looks like
"SELECT /* USER('deepak') */ col_A, col_B etc.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have already found a workaround.  What I am
now doing is, as part of a logoff trigger, I capture the "SID, SERIAL#, AUDSID,
USER_ID" in another table for that session (joining v$session to v$open_cursor
and/or v$sql), where USER_ID is just a bunch of substr, instr to extract the
UserId from the SQL.

Once I have the above info, I can always join it to AUD$ and get the actual
user name that accessed a table.

-Deepak