Re: Can't start database

  • From: Steve Jelfs <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cchart3@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:59:40 +0000

Charles Hart wrote:
>Steve,
>
>There are plenty of good hits in metalink on a ORA-00470.   What does
>the trace file show that has the ORa-00470 in it?  This should help
>you narrow the hits you get in metalink.
>--
>//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Hi Charles

It was just the 470 error - nothing else.  Tried manually creating the
controlfile but the database wouldn't have it.  As it was windows and,
as a last resort, I re-booted the box - and voila - the database came
back up sweet as a nut!!  Now I'm left wondering why the re-boot wasn't
my first option!!!

Steve