Re: Can't get INSERT /*+ APPEND */ to indicate direct load in execution plan.....

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 07:47:36 -0700

The way to tell if the insert is using PDML or not is by the placement
of the LOAD row source:  If it is above the PX COORDINATOR line, its
all done by the QC.  If below the PX COORDINATOR row source, its done
by the PX servers.  SQL Monitor will show this nicely on the Parallel
tab, just expand the tree/nodes and look at the amount of work done.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn