Can't access a table I just created

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:19:06 +0300

Hi,

Our sysadmin recently installed Oracle and he created the user "teddy" for me.

I have created a table, but I can't select from it and I can't drop it either.

Here is what I tried after logging with the username "teddy" in sqlplus:

SQL> CREATE TABLE "tb" (
  "id" number NOT NULL,
  "symbol" varchar2(20) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY ("id")
);
  3    4    5
Table created.
SQL> SQL> drop table tb;
drop table tb
           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
SQL> drop table TB;
drop table TB
           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
SQL> drop table teddy.tb;
drop table teddy.tb
                 *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
SQL> select count(*) from tb;
select count(*) from tb
                     *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
SQL> select count(*) from teddy.tb;
select count(*) from teddy.tb
                           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
SQL>

After so many tries, I think something's wrong. I have created 2 more other
tables, but I can't access them either.

Our sysadmin said that he can access that table if he connects to the database
with my username using a GUI program, SQL Developer if I remember well, and
that he was also able to add data to that table.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? (Oracle newbie here)

Thanks.

Octavian