Re: Can't I mine DDL statements from LogMiner?

  • From: Mark Bole <makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:32:37 -0800

oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Somckit,

DDL statements actually translate into DML against internal tables, so
you will not be able to see them in the redolog, ever. [...]

That is not true. I have mined many types of DDL, such as create user, create table, create index, drop table, and so on.

To the OP: try using "oemapp lmviewer" for a handy GUI version of log miner, if you want to avoid the hassle of the CLI when testing this for yourself. You are probably not following all the steps precisely as required.

Also, from the standard docs:

"Performing post-auditing. The redo log files contain all the information necessary to track any DML and DDL statements run on the database, the order in which they were run, and who executed them."

-- Mark Bole http://www.bincomputing.com