Re: Cache OCI Calls to Improve Performance of 32-Bit or 64-Bit Oracle Clients

  • From: Robert Eskridge <bryny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:49:29 -0500

So I got this puppy compiled with gcc and it seems to work as
advertised (saved 189,000 opens of oraus.msb for one Pro*C application
doing 500 transactions).

Some things are a little off when the LD_PRELOAD environment variable
is set.  For instance if I try to do a truss that starts a program:

$ truss -f -o truss.out application
ld.so.1: truss: fatal: ./cache_oraus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Killed
$

That's with the -m64 flag on gcc.  If I don't put the -m64 flag it
complains about ELFCLASS32.

On the other hand, if I start truss in another shell and tell it the
process number of the process it handles it just fine.

It's an annoyance that I can work around buy setting the LD_PRELOAD
before the Pro*C app and unsetting it immediately afterwards.  But it
is still an annoyance.