Re: CSS daemon

  • From: "Shivaswamy Raghunath" <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:57:22 -0500

Did you look at the log files in

CRS_HOME/log/hostname/cssd?
CRS_HOME/log/hostname/crsd?

What do they say?

can you post it?

Shiva

On 11/6/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am running single instance Oracle instance with ASM and getting few
problems

RHAT system crashed and when came back, I tried to start ASM instance I
got error
Connected to an idle instance.
 SQL> startup
ORA-29701: unable to connect to Cluster Manager
SQL> exit
Disconnected

I tried to start it using Superuser Root account
$ su
Password:
# /etc/init.d/init.cssd start
Startup will be queued to init within 90 seconds.
# -ef|grep css
root 6346 6290 0 15:19 pts/1 00:00:00 grep css

It is still not back and I even tried init.cssd start/Manualstart

Any suggestion as this happen few time and last time I used the following
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/localconfig reset /home/oracle/10.2.0

TIA
Sanjay

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in
less than one
year.<http://o1.qnsr.com/cgi/r?;n=203;c=232538;s=2014;x=7936;f=200611011404190;u=j;z=TIMESTAMP;>