CRS-1615:voting device hang at 50% fatal, termination in 99620 ms

  • From: Marko Sutic <marko.sutic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:07:59 +0200

Hello all,

I have a problem with diagnosing "CRS-1615 voting device hang" error.

OS: OEL 5.6 (64-bit)
DB: Oracle 11.1.0.7
Storage: IBM XIV
HW: Blade server 8 cores with Hyper-Threading enabled (64 GB RAM).

This is active/passive failover cluster with OCFS2 used as cluster file
system.
OCR and VotingDisks are placed on OCFS2 mounts.

Problem occurs during "impdp" import of 700GB database from NFS.
First part of an import, loading data, is done without any problem.

During an index creation, after hour or two, node restarts due to the
problem with availability of voting disks:
"[cssd(28868)]CRS-1615:voting device hang at 50% fatal, termination in 99620
ms, disk (0//ocfs2/voting1/votingdisk)"

Impdp parameter file:
--
userid=xxx/yyy
directory=export_dir

Database is in noarchivelog mode with "memory_target=7621050368" parameter
specified.
I've noticed that utilization of the server is not significant during
import.

As this error is reproducible I'm trying to find how to efficiently diagnose
this problem and to trace the cause.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate any help.

Regards,
Marko

--
Marko Sutic, dipl.ing.rač.