RE: CREATE DATABASE LINK privilege discussion

  • From: "Storey, Robert (DCSO)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:58:53 -0500

Maybe a bigger trout is needed?

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 2:53 PM
To: 'Guillermo Alan Bort'
Cc: 'Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx'; 'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: CREATE DATABASE LINK privilege discussion

I effectively slapped him with a large trout when I told him he was
acting like my 14 year old after he criticized me through IM because he
*assumed* I removed his privs, when in fact he missed a grant - I also
felt the need to point out to him the reason his process broke was
because he failed to identify the grants he needed.
Needless to say, that has *not* helped the situation.
Funny thing is, I've already mentioned replicating the data into both
DEV & PROD so he has access to it.  (We have a dev db that gets rebuilt
from prod every weekend).  That way the data would always exist in prod
and he would always have access to it in the refreshed dev instance.  Of
course, that suggestion hasn't gotten any traction.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent
effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose,
or storing or copying the information on any medium.