RE: CREATE DATABASE LINK privilege discussion

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Michael Dinh' <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:31:10 -0500

I'm in full agreement.  I'm fighting a losing battle it 'seems' with dev's
manager too - which is weird.  It is exceedingly strange that 1 Dev complaining
about not having access to Production data is reflecting negatively on my
image/reputation.  Suddenly I becoming that "guy who is hard to work with"
because I'm insistent that this shouldn't be done.

And for the very reasons you mentioned.  I even snapped a screenshot from Grid
Control of the activity his session alone was generating.

Frustrating.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.