RE: CPUs NOT getting consumed ?

  • From: "Johnson, George" <GJohnson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:12:47 +0100

        Reminds me of the time I started a new job, found the entire
production database and all the software on one pair of 32Gb disks, with the
remaining 14 of 16, 32Gb drives, completely empty. I said to the manager,
the two disks are going nuts and the DB is suffering very badly. All I got
back was, well the admin said that was the best layout to ensure fast
streamed backups and anyway aren't the lights supposed to flash quite
quickly?