Re: CPU upgrade caused application slow down

  • From: "zhu chao" <chao_ping@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:12:56 +0800

Hi,
        The reorganized table is certain to use the original index/access
path, as I used dbms_stats to import back the old statistics after reorgnize
it. And according to statspack report, SQL using that table does not have
highere cost.
        So this should not cause the application slow down. If sql execution
path changed , then the change in response time is not 5%, maybe 500% :).
        And as CPU time is only  around 10% of total response time,  It is
ok if the reponse time does not speedup with the CPU upgrade, but at least
it should not slow down.
        Feel strange.

 Thanks
Zhu Chao.