Re: CBC Latch contention in 10g

I don't know if there is any published material
on this - I think I got the important bit of it from
Steve Adams' masterclass.

It's likely that the sharable cache latch used some
of the time is better than never having it at all - and
Oracle does keep finding new ways to (a) reduce
the latch acquisition, and (b) switch to single latch
reads anyway, so scalability does keep improving.

Where did you see a fanfare about sharable latches,
I didn't spot it. I'd be interested to see how it was
presented.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th