Re: By default, LOB store in line or out of line?

  • From: louis <ylouis83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 10:49:11 +0800

Data in CLOB columns is stored in a format that is compatible with UCS-2
when the database character set is multibyte, such as UTF8 or AL32UTF8.
This means that the storage space required for an English document doubles
when the data is converted. Storage for an Asian language document in
a CLOB column
requires less storage space than the same document in a LONG column using
UTF8, typically around 30% less, depending on the contents of the document.
ÔÚ 2012Äê4ÔÂ21ÈÕ ÏÂÎç11:34£¬Leyi Kamus Zhang <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>дµÀ£º

--
Phone: +86 13918046970
Email & Gtalk:  ylouis83@xxxxxxxxx