RE: Books to suggest

  • From: Ron Thomas <RThomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:23:00 -0700

Also...

Any good DBA will know shell scripting (The Korn Shell, Olczak), regex
(Mastering Regular
Expressions, Friedl), and perl (I'll let Jared fill in here).
Thanks,
Ron.

"To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows,
you have to work ON
it."
"The software said to install Windows 98 or better... So I installed linux."
"Windows - How do you want to be exploited today?"

             Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

             us

             Sent by:
             oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx         oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

             rg
                 cc

            Subject
             08/27/04 10:59 AM                   RE: Books to suggest

                  Please respond to

               oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any good DBA will need to know PL/SQL - Steven Feuerstein with Bill =
Pribyl

Any good DBA is familiar with backups/recoveries - Oracle 9i RMAN Backup =
and Recovery is good resource from Oracle Press.

Any a metalink account for quick references - bugs, issues, scripts.  =
Not as in-depth and "all in one convenient" place as the books but a =
good operational resource.