Re: Books for beginner - learning PL/SQL and/or APEX

  • From: Manuela Atoui <manuelaout@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:50:03 +0200

Dear Sandra, Martin, all,

I'm currently learning APEX and find the following books very useful
(apart from the docu of course).
Both are dealing with APEX 3.2

http://p2p.wrox.com/book-beginning-oracle-application-express-isbn-9780470388372/75096-apex-3-2-a.html
The author uses a sample application to walk through the APEX features.

https://www.packtpub.com/oracle-application-express-3-2/book
This is not a pure 'recipes' book, the main focus is more on the basic
principles, so you can use the concepts in your projects.
This book has also a chapter which addresses javascrit, AJAX, it gives
you a staring point.

Oracle By Example may be also of interest, you'll find alos APEX 4.0
examples (sorry link breaks):
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=9830:41:0::NO:RIR:IR_PRODUCT,IR_PRODUCT_SUITE,IR_PRODUCT_COMPONENT,IR_RELEASE,IR_TYPE,IRC_ROWFILTER,IR_FUNCTIONAL_CATEGORY:,,,,,apex,

Kind regards
Manuela Atoui