Re: Book recommendations

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:09:40 -0700

Binh,

Oracle Wait Interface: A Practical Guide to Performance Diagnostics & Tuning
(Osborne ORACLE Press Series)  by Richmond Shee

I was one of the five tech-editors for this book. As Jared mentioned,
this will cover the essentials of the Wait interface and does it
extremely well. I cannot comment on the second one. However... (and
this is a plug), you might want to look at the "Oracle Database 10g
Insider Solutions". We deal exclusively with 10g and since we assume
that you already know your Oracle databases well, we jump straight
into the meat of the matter. You will find favorable 5 star ratings so
I suppose we did a good job of it. We covered 10gR2 as an end note in
the chapters as it was just being announced at that time.

Regards,
--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc