RE: Blocking Lock

  • From: Hamid Alavi <hamid.alavi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Diego Cutrone' <diegocutrone@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, terrysutton@xxxxxxx, "'Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:30:40 -0600

Here is the v$lock, right now we have a blocking lock on the same table for
Insert:

SQL> select * from v$lock where sid=282;

ADDR     KADDR           SID TY        ID1        ID2      LMODE    REQUEST

-------- -------- ---------- -- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

     CTIME      BLOCK

---------- ----------

01B5B340 01B5B40C        282 TX    1703961       2763          6          0

      8725          1

B1E1D830 B1E1D844        282 TM      19652          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E1D038 B1E1D04C        282 TM      19451          0          3          0

      8725          0

ADDR     KADDR           SID TY        ID1        ID2      LMODE    REQUEST

-------- -------- ---------- -- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

     CTIME      BLOCK

---------- ----------

B1E1CE58 B1E1CE6C        282 TM      19446          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E1CC78 B1E1CC8C        282 TM      19442          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E1C5E8 B1E1C5FC        282 TM      19443          0          3          0

      8725          0

ADDR     KADDR           SID TY        ID1        ID2      LMODE    REQUEST

-------- -------- ---------- -- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

     CTIME      BLOCK

---------- ----------

B1E1BD00 B1E1BD14        282 TM      40451          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E19C30 B1E19C44        282 TM      19656          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E17458 B1E1746C        282 TM      19794          0          3          0

      8725          0

ADDR     KADDR           SID TY        ID1        ID2      LMODE    REQUEST

-------- -------- ---------- -- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

     CTIME      BLOCK

---------- ----------

B1E17200 B1E17214        282 TM      19655          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E17110 B1E17124        282 TM      19777          0          3          0

      8725          0

B1E16FA8 B1E16FBC        282 TM      19697          0          3          0

      8725          0

ADDR     KADDR           SID TY        ID1        ID2      LMODE    REQUEST

-------- -------- ---------- -- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

     CTIME      BLOCK

---------- ----------

B1E16C60 B1E16C74        282 TM      19449          0          3          0

      8725          0

13 rows selected.

SQL> select * from v$session_wait where sid=282;

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

       282      32391

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

SQL*Net message from client

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

driver id                                                         675562835

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

28444553 #bytes

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

         1 00000001

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

                                                                          0

       SID       SEQ#

---------- ----------

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW    P2TEXT

-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

        P2 P2RAW

---------- --------

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

00               -1            8804 WAITED SHORT TIME

       SID       SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

P1RAW    P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3