Re: Block dump - Uncommitted TXN - Help Urgent

On 9/19/06, Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was thinking of INITRANS , is there a way to track that from > v$lock, > I remember once Steve Adams answering some body looking at v$lock > looking at Request Column, not sure though

Hi

Here an example of sessions waiting for a transaction slot:

SQL> SELECT event FROM v$session_wait WHERE sid = 12;

EVENT
-----------
enqueue

SQL> SELECT type, id1, id2, lmode, request FROM v$lock WHERE sid = 12;

TY        ID1        ID2      LMODE    REQUEST
-- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
TM      34522          0          3          0
TX     393247       9877          0          4

As you can see the request mode is S (4).

HTH Chris -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Greetings,

Yes I saw  Request=4 for quite a few sessions. I ahve Identified the Tables
that needs INITRANS Bump. Is there a way to figureout  how much should I
bump for each table in question

--
Regards & Thanks
BN