Re: Bind variable peeking and Dynamic sampling

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 09:27:21 -0700

Wolfgang's suggestion to remove any histograms might be the best bet. An alternative is to disable bind peeking temporarily. Given you have 8 nodes, each node could have a different plan for the same statement, due to different initial peak values, causing the performance to vary across nodes even though the stats haven't changed. Something to consider...

Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org