RE: Bind variable peeking and Dynamic sampling

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:59:44 +0200

Hi Fairlie

> I would like to know if there are any other customers who have
> disabled bind variable peeking and what value of dynamic sampling
> is being used by them

I never used dynamic sampling without bind peeking and I would not
advise to do it. The problem is that to fully take advantage of dynamic
sampling peeking is needed! In fact without peeking during dynamic
sampling all the interesting information present in the where clauses
and based on bind variables cannot be used because.

HTH
Chris