Re: Bill Gates at OracleWorld???

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:36:10 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>

> as possible to that definition and I would like it to stay
> that way. I hate KDE, GNOME 2.6, 3D Nautilus and alike.

Attaboy, Mladen!  Next, the steam-driven-GUI!  :)

> Believe it or not, I replaced GDM by XDM and I use the
> good, old mwm instead of "desktop environment". Writing
> a menu is not a problem after only one look to system.mwmrc.

FVWM2 in SUSE is not bad either.  And MUCH LESS
resource-hungry than KDE/Gnome. If I can figure out
how to handle DVD editing/recording with that one, it
will become my main environment.

> I don't have icons on the background, I don't have
> [EXPLETIVE DELETED BY MORAL MAJORITY] task panel and
> similar stuff.  I like my Linux rare, without the freedom
> fries.

100% agreed, personally.  But like rare steaks, it takes
a connoisseur to appreciate them.   Not sure how well
all that will wash with the minimalist-brain approach
of the average HR hirer: all they want is moronic drones
who can click in sync with version x.y.z of the software.
Preferably with a certification confirming their total lack
of any other IT knowledge.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx