RE: Bill Gates at OracleWorld???

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx'" <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:11:37 -0400

Putting Linux on people's desktops means to make a
serious disservice to the Linux movement. There is an
old saying that if there was a program that any idiot can
use, only idiots would use it. Windoze comes as close
as possible to that definition and I would like it to stay
that way. I hate KDE, GNOME 2.6, 3D Nautilus and alike.
Believe it or not, I replaced GDM by XDM and I use the
good, old mwm instead of "desktop environment". Writing
a menu is not a problem after only one look to system.mwmrc.
I don't have icons on the background, I don't have
similar stuff.  I like my Linux rare, without the freedom

Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network
Ext. 1216