Re: Beyond a basic Oracle EXP/IMP shell script: Error Handling & Exit Status?

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:32:09 +0100

On 8/18/05, Marquez, Chris <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 3.) I need to get a positive or negative return code from Oracle EXP/IMP
> utility and pass it to shell script (#2 above).

Just grep the log file for 'terminated without warning'.

If it is not there, then there were errors in the export.

They could well be unimportant errors however.
ORA-01917 "User does not exist" for example when granting privileges.

Perhaps just grepping the errors from the log would be sufficient.

eg. grep -3 -- 'ORA-'

This would provide 3 lines of context before and after the error.

--
Jared Still