RE: "Best" way to copy schema data to another DB

  • From: "Teehan, Mark" <mark.teehan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:57:13 +0800

Slightly OT but another major difference between exp and expdp: you need
database server access for expdp.
With exp developers can run exp/imp to refresh tables via their
desktops; they lose this ability with data pump unless they have a login
to the database server - which is not allowed in many shops. I think
that similar to bcp for sybase, exp is one of Oracle's crown jewels and
DP is really quite a different utility. I think both are needed.

Rgds
Mark