Re: Best option for moving database of server

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ofabelo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 13:38:31 +0200

Oliver,

do you can share some informations about your storage infrastructure?
Also an accepted downtime and size or your DB might influence  the
decission.
If it's a SAN, can you just detatch the LUNs from the old server and
attach them to the new?

the physical equivalent with built in disks would be removing the
disks from old node and attaching them to new one?
(I prefer the 'logical only' solution in a SAN, removing hardware is
always somehow risky)

Beside that a dataguard comes to my mind - so the new server is just a
switchover away.

other solutions are datapump over a DB link, ... do you need still more?

 Martin