Basic level 8 trace question

I ran a level 8 trace and formatted the file with tkprof.  For one of the
entries the output was this:

***
select text
from
 view$ where rowid=:1

call     count       cpu    elapsed       disk      query    current
rows
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
----------
Parse       24      0.01       0.00          0          0          0
0
Execute     24      0.00       0.00          0          0          0
0
Fetch       24      0.00       0.00          7         48          0
24
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
----------
total       72      0.01       0.01          7         48          0
24

Misses in library cache during parse: 0
Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
      3     HASH JOIN
   7219      TABLE ACCESS   GOAL: ANALYZED (BY INDEX ROWID) OF
                 'PS_RSF_OPPORTUNITY'
1852336       INDEX   GOAL: ANALYZED (RANGE SCAN DESCENDING) OF
                  'PSGRSF_OPPORTUNITY' (NON-UNIQUE)
    231      TABLE ACCESS   GOAL: ANALYZED (BY INDEX ROWID) OF
                 'PS_WSI_RSF_OPP_FLD'
    231       INDEX   GOAL: ANALYZED (RANGE SCAN) OF
                  'PSBWSI_RSF_OPP_FLD' (NON-UNIQUE)

Elapsed times include waiting on following events:
  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total
Waited
  ----------------------------------------   Waited  ----------
------------
  SQL*Net message to client                       6        0.00
0.00
  SQL*Net message from client                     6      270.45
346.39
  db file sequential read                     45789        0.11
3.02
***

My question is whether the SQL*Net message from client refers only to those
waits that occur from the start of the SQL to the end of its execution (in
which case it might indicate a problem) or includes time before or after the
SQL was executed (in which case it probably doesn't).

Also, what is the unit of time for total waited?

TIA!  On the bright side I think I'll finally get the okay to go to the next
Hotsos seminar in the NYC area (I'm praying it isn't in January).  My
management was really negative about allowing anyone to take training but I
now have the okay from both the person below and above the stumbling block
so he won't be able to say either that my department manager won't approve
it or that the senior maangement won't approve it.

Thanks,
Jay Miller