Re: Backup/rman script in Linux

  • From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:03:35 +0200

On 5/25/05, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This backup/rman script (korn shell) works fine in other environments but=
 is
> not working in Linux.  It gets to this rman line and doesn't pass in the
> variables for the passwords or SIDs.   Any idea why this would be differe=
nt
> in Linux?   Also, if I do it step for step via command prompt it works fi=
ne
> as well.  Just doesn't want to work in this script.
>=20
> rman target system/$syspass@$ORACLE_SID catalog rman/$rmanpass@$RMAN_SID
> log=3D$SIDBKUP/`date +%a`_rman_config.rpt <<EOF
>=20
> The beginning of the script is as follows:

Hi,

Looks like this script is lacking the shebang-line telling the OS
which shell executable to launch (bash is the default on linux).

Try adding

#!/bin/ksh
on the first line of the script.

You may have to install the korn shell which is not included by
default in several linux distributions (for example you can download
pdksh)

HTH
Jerome

HTH