Re: Backup script runs on AIX but not on Linux

  • From: Maria Gurenich <gurenich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jkstill@xxxxxxxxx" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:49:05 -0500

Hi,

Try to do 'which rman' in the command line and you will see where it's coming from. You then can create an alias in .bashrc file like that:

alias rman='sh $ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman'

On Jan 5, 2009, at 19:39, "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've got a backup script that runs fine on AIX. I copied it over to Linux, but it doesn't work and I get the following when trying to execute it which looks like something related to the shell:

oracle:/u01/app/tools> ./Backup.sh sidname
ksh: ./Backup.sh: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Yes, try this:

  $> ksh Backup.sh sidname