Re: Backup RMAN on disk and tape at the same time

Hi

On 4/21/05, Luc Demanche <lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vitalis,
>=20
> I guess I found something.
> I'm doing my regular backup on disk, and after I'm doing a backup of
> my backupset to tape.
>=20
> backup backupset completed after 'sysdate-1';

Since you mentioned Tivoli was just installed, I am curious if you use
the password file feature to segregate databases backed up by RMAN?
Different password files on hosts confused me when I first used
Tivoli.

There is a password file that goes on the host in Tivoli. The password
file is referenced by the tdpo.opt (?) file. I'm not sure what its
called in the documentation, but you probably get the idea.

Therefore, if you have two different password files on hosts
performing Tivoli backup then RMAN can not find the files backed up
from the 'other' host. It almost works the same as Oracle DBID with
the exception DBID is in the catalog if you use a catalog.

Regards,

Mike Thomas