RE: Background Checks for DBAs

  • From: "Kerber, Andrew" <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx, ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:40:09 -0600

The release form is a classic case of trying to scare you away from a
lawsuit if the data is misused.  Quite simply, the company is absolutely
responsible if it is misused, especially since it is a condition of
employment.  So, basically they are opening up to massive lawsuits by
allowing this to happen every time they add a client, especially if they
let each client do their own investigation instead of supplying the
client with the required information.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB

"If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"