RE: Background Checks for DBAs

I'm thinking it would be a surprise if you had recourse except the
choice to leave -- a lawyer could tell you if you stood a chance in
*(&_. -- and much of that might depend upon whether this tidbit was
buried in documents you may have received upon hire or later.

The corporation essentially is an environment where you do not have
rights.  You have the right to apply for employment -- I hope they
disclosed this tidbit during the hiring process -- and indeed would not
be surprised if the little tidbit was buried in some paragraph
somewhere.

In a corporation, you can be recorded anywhere -- even in the
bathroom... even in a department store as far as I know... about the
only restriction is putting a camera in the stall... for example.   Your
email can be (and is) recorded -- (I think by law now).  Your keystokes
could be recorded if they wanted.  Your phone can be recorded, your
internet recorded and monitored.  Drug testing.

Get the picture.   You want the job, you take it.   You want another
job, you should get it before you quit.   This would make it part of
'working conditions' verses 'compensation' that the company provide in
competition with other companies -- that you are willing to accept - or
not.

But legally, I couldn't tell you if it is mandatory.   I would seek a
lawyer, but with the caveat that in some states, like FL, it is a right
to work state -- meaning that you can be let go for any reason at any
time.

Corporations have more control on your life than China does on it's
citizens.   They are actually trying to control what you do off the job
-- in some cases in the name of insurance, like smoking, and the list
goes on.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx