BC4J (9.0.3) on OC4J 10G (9.0.4). Is it going to work?

  • From: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:46:33 +0300

Hi!
Our development team have developed own framework based on BC4J 9.0.3 (you
can read, have extended BC4J framework). Dev. spend ~2 years to create
this staff.
At the moment we are going to develop new application.
The question is: Which version of OC4J (AS) is best to use in this case
(We are using Client -> HTTP -> Apache -> AJP13 -> OC4J configuration, as
well as Reports & Forms & Discoverer in separate OH).
.
DBA: I would recommend to use 10g AS because this is first stabile (as
Oracle peoples noted during OW in Parise) realizes. Form support (specialy
in terms of Oracle response time, and patches timeframe) and stability
aspects this is the best chose in this case.
DEV: Our framework not going to work with 10G, because it is based on ADF
(Application Development Framework), but our core is developed based on
BC4J 9.0.3.
DBA: We can try to use 10g AS with BC4J 9.0.3 version.
.
What do you think? Is this idea seams workable?
May be some of you tried to use BC4J 9.0.3 on OC4J 9.0.4? I would grateful
if you share experience.
.
Thanks in advance,
Jurijs