RE: Auto-start Oracle on reboot problem

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mrothouse@xxxxxxxxx" <mrothouse@xxxxxxxxx>, Pedro Espinoza <raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:58:15 -0500

Mike,

FYI, Oracle's standard is to install oraenv and dbhome into /usr/local/bin by
default.  When the ORACLE_HOME is installed, that's one of the things the
root.sh does.  (It actually prompts you for the location, w/ a default of
/usr/local/bin.)  If you default the location to /usr/local/bin, but it isn't
in your path when the startup scripts are being run, that's going to be a
problem.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.