RE: Automate rman login with shell script

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx'" <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>, 'De DBA' <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:47:49 -0600

I may be mistaken (probably am) but doesn't the password HAVE to go on the next
line below the "<< EOF"

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman target sys@cricprod_prim <<EOF
syspassword
show all;
EOF

That's the way I always wrote them, otherwise how does it know where the
password ends?  (Notice there is no space, after syspassword)

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.