Re: Autoextend or not?

  • From: Jack van Zanen <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:19:06 +1000

I tend to lean towards dba managed filesizes but it is not a hard rule.
I do not like a runaway loading/batch proces filling up a filesystem,
however I do not like to get a call in the middle of the night that the
batch job is going to run out of space either.

Most of our databases are DBA managed filesystems and warnings are send out
in sufficient time so far.

Jack

--
Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation