Re: Authentication Problem

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:53:11 +0000

Hi

If you want to allow this scenario, then you should really be looking at the
Advanced Security Option which will allow you (on a *nix server) to
authenticate the user against the Windows Kerberos security services -
(i.eactually use the kerberos authentication rather than merely verify
that the
domain knows of an account by that name). There may be political issues
about paying more just to use your enterprise security provider, but there *
shouldn't* be any particularly horrible technical issues.

This used to be discussed in the security administration section of the
documentation - haven't looked for a while to see if it's still there - but
I expect that it is.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA