Re: Authentication Problem

On Feb 4, 2008 2:15 PM, Jack van Zanen <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with you on the security issue, but sometimes it is a requirement
> to have this possibility.
> If you create the database user with domain name as well doesn't this make
> it a bit more secure, as this is more difficult to create such a user on
> windows (not a windows admin so could be wrong)?

I'm also not a windows admin.

I don't know how much security it buys you to use the domain name as well.

Doing so probably doesn't work when Oracle is on a Linux server.

When on a windows server you can control the whether or not Oracle uses the
domain via the registry setting HKLM/Oracle/OSAUTH_PREFIX_DOMAIN being
set to TRUE/FALSE.

It likely would not help much on a linux server though.

--
Jared Still