Re: Auditing statements

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 14:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

Audit drop user;  -- addresses the schema drop (although it doesn't specify
"unused")

I see no way to audit any autonomous transactions outside of instrumenting the
code to populate a table.

You'll need to set  up audits for all create statements -- there is no
'blanket' audit for creates.  Same for drops and inserts, with the added
criteria of "whenever not successful" to only capture failed inserts.  GRANTs
also need to be individually audited (grant table , etc.) but this also audits
REVOKEs.

There is no audit on starting/stopping the database because those operations
are recorded in the alert log.

If anyone knows any differently I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

David Fitzjarrell