Re: Audit and database performance

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora_forum@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:19:18 +0100

To be 100% sure in your environment - benchmark.

But based on my experiene, I'd say virtually 0.

Now if you were to audit BY SESSION it would be a different story. As Oracle
would have to scan aud$ for every entry before it adds a new one.

At a client we've had the requirement to audit EVERYTHING in the whole
database "whenever not successful". And they had virtually no performance
impact.

Stefan

On 1/11/07, ora_forum <ora_forum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

We have an application where we would like to setup audit on 30 tables to
catch failed inserts. Should I expect application performance problem doing
it for 30 tables? What is the overhead of doing:

AUDIT  INSERT ON table_name BY ACCESS WHENEVER NOT SUCCESSFUL;

Thanks.
George.

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo!
Answers<http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx>and