Re: Asynchronous change data capture in 10g

  • From: John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gparc@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

I recently asked a similar question and got no response. Evidently we are the
only two. Our experience with a RAC source and single instance target is not
good. Turns out that there is a bug (undocumented negative feature) that
prevents RAC sources from being captured at the target. Oracle is working on

gparc@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi listers,

Platform : Hp-ux 11i / Oracle

We are considering using Asynchronous change data capture
to track modifications in our DB.
Does anyone already use it ?

So far, what we can see is :
- it needs Oracle JVM in the DB (although it's based on Streams and Logminer)
- it doesn't support Lobs columns

Any other pitfalls ?

And don't tell me ACDC is a "Highway to Hell"  :-)

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low