Re: Async_io set up HP-UX for 10g Instances(these are apps instances)

as we have this setup
db_writer_processes = 4 disk_asynch_io = false
  is it better to switch to disk_asynch_io = true(As this is already set in few
 other instances)
  am i helpless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Can any from this list can enligthen me.........(we are going to upgrade this
9.2.0.5 to 10.2.0.2 couple of weeks later).............

  Thanks,
  Edwin.K

LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi

I forgot to say if you are using HP-UX and Online JFS your best bet is to use
Direct I/O.

Thanks

--
LSC

  On 8/2/07, edwin devadanam <edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Cheng,

  the raw files system is for solaris server.

  We are using normal Filesystem.
  Already Async io is set in couple of other HP-UX servers........

  on what basis can we change disk_asynch_io = FALSE to
disk_asynch_io = TRUE (PLease see below information for clarity of my
requirement)

  Any docs pertaining to disk_asynch_io = TRUE and its Advantages

  Thanks,
  Edwin.K

LS Cheng < exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    You need to setup raw devices to use AIO in HP-UX. No chance if you are
using vxfs.

Thanks

--
LSC

  On 8/2/07, edwin devadanam < edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Hi

  We have this setup
  db_writer_processes = 4 disk_asynch_io = false

  I have doubts whether i can set the below on....
please suggest advantages and disadvantages of below setting.......on HP-UX
disk_asynch_io = TRUE
tape_asynch_io = TRUE

  am unclear mainly about disk_asynch_io,db_writer_processes,DBWR_IO_SLAVES

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Regards,
  Edwin.K

  Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.