Re: Articles on setting up standby database without using Data Guard.

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:27:37 -0700

Thank you for all your suggestions.  I put together a team of IT and QA
people to discuss options and we met yesterday.  We have decided to go
with a logical standby since it seems to meet most of our needs.  The
documentation has already given me the information I need to start working
towards the standby scenario.  We have the opportunity to rebuild from the
ground up the server that will host the standby.  Our intent is to make it
look like production as far as memroy, disk, OS and Oracle versions, which
none of our other servers do now.  I have the luxury of time for testing the
standby on a small test database dedicated to my uses.

Sandy