Re: Argh.....

  • From: "ryan gaffuri" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>, <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:40:48 -0400

if your on a us government, bank, etc... project tell your boss there is a
'security' issue with them. that should work. Tell him its reality to that
security patch oracle is releasing for 10g.

My favorite database performance problem of all time.... A software engineer
called me over to tune a query. It was returning in between .2 and .6
seconds. He couldn't understand the fluctuations and was hoping I could get
it to return in less than .1 seconds.

real problem was that he was retrieving 1 row at a time and running this
from a loop 100,000 times. He said it was too much work to change the
application. I can't be the only one who has had this one.