Re: Archivelog mysteries

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:00:04 -0700

Just catching up on my emails :)

Keep in mind that UNDO for LOBs is stored in the Block itself
(PCTVERSION) and not in UNDO segments. The rollback mechanism is
different where LOBs are concerned, and Oracle uses file blocks
containing data (rather than rollback/undo blocks) to provide
read-consistency (i.e. reconstruct prior-image from rollback data for
satisfying queries that started before the change). I believe this is
the cause of the problem...

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc