Anyone working with AIX GPFS and RAC

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

I had one production database around 1 Tb and it is Non-RAC instance. I am
creating new 2-node RAC environment on Aix 5.3 using GPFS for Database storage.
Both Existing and new GPFS storage is on same SAN. I had never worked with GPFS
which I think might not be different from regular file system except that it is
shared.

  Now in order to reduce the production downtime, I had to move existing
Non-RAC database to RAC instance and I really appreciate if somebody can verify
if the following approach is feasible and allowed or any other option/approach

  I am thinking to create Physcial Standby on new RAC instance and
  During Final Production deployment, I will  activate the Standby after
applying all required changes from production and then use reconfig to change
the single instance to RAC with storage as GPFS

  Thanks
  Sanjay

FareChase.