From: Glenn Stauffer [mailto:glennstauffer@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 9:17 AM
To: Blanchard, William G
Subject: Re: Anyone using Ruby for scripting?

Most modern Linux installations include python in the default install.
It is used for many of the admin utilities in distributions like redhat
and ubuntu.

--Glenn (Mobile)

On Sep 20, 2010, at 9:29 AM, "Blanchard, William G"
<William.Blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        I would gladly use ruby or python for scripting but they're just
not included in most installs by default.  Rather than try to fight with
the UNIX/Linux teams, I just use bash, ksh or perl.  My chief complaint
with perl is the kludgy way perl has of editing a file.  I can write a
perl one-liner that edits a file but can't, from within a perl script,
directly edit a file.

        WGB