Re: Anyone use a Mac day to day at work?

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:51:26 +0000

On 03/11/11 13:47, Rich Jesse wrote:
 > While I'm not an Apple fan (I loathe being locked in to a single
source), I
 > found it very interesting that the Tom Kyte and Company's Real World
 > Performance Tour was run from at least a few Macs.  And Roy Swonger's 11g
 > Upgrade seminar (which was very good) I was at last week was presented on
 > his Mac as well.

And just to show I was paying attention, in London, on 8th September,
when Cary Millsap presented his (excellent) Oracle Trace data session, I
noticed he was using a Mac as well.

Running SQLDeveloper to demonstrate MrTrace and using native Mac-ness to
demonstrate the remaining MrTools suite.

Looked like it worked fine from where I was sitting.

And I'm also one of those Linux Fan Boys, as Alan mentioned earlier!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar