RE: Anyone seen weblogic do this?

  • From: "Larry Klein" <Larry.Klein@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:46:36 -0500

A client of mine recently experienced a similar phemonemon, whereby for them
Weblogic was generating hundreds per minute of "select count(*) from dual;"
SQL statements against their Oracle database.  It turns out there are
Weblogic configuration options to "TestConnectionsUponReserve" and
"TestConnectionsUponRelease" which they had unintentionally selected; these
options cause the select count(*) to be specified against whatever table
name (typically "dual") is specified elsewhere among these configuration
options.

Hth...

Larry Klein
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
630-513-8010 (Chicago office)
630-240-1190 (cellphone)

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis (3 day class) starting on/in
     06/22 Pittsburgh, 07/20 Cleveland, 08/10 Boston
     09/14 San Francisco
- SQL Optimization (4 day class) starting on/in
     06/14 Chicago, 06/28 Denver,  07/26 WashDC
     08/16 Minneapolis, 09/20 TBA, 10/18 New Orleans
     11/08 Dallas, 12/13 Atlanta
- Hotsos Symposium 2005 on Oracle System Performance, Dallas, March 6-10