Re: Anyone Using Kronos?

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:24:01 -0400

We are in the midst of a v4.3 to v6 upgrade as well.  We have been having
problems with the upgrade.sql script getting an "invalid sql statement" error.
We have just identified the problem.  Is this the same error you are getting?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

>>> "Scott Canaan" <srcdco@xxxxxxx> 9/8/08 4:23 PM >>>

   I?m looking for anyone else that is using Kronos.  We are trying to upgrade
from Workforce Central v5.1 to v6.0 and have been having problems.  They have a
script, called upgrade.sql that has an anonymous PL/SQL block in it that does a
lot of dynamic SQL.  That block aborts part way through as they are trying to
convert all of their text fields from varchar2 to nvarchar2 (and char to nchar
and clob to nclob).  There is no exception processing in the block and I?m
having trouble determining which table it is aborting on.  We are creating the
test database by cloning from production.  The vendor says that we have to copy
production to test via export / import to do the upgrade successfully.  My
answer to that is that if we can?t successfully upgrade a clone of production,
then how can we upgrade production?
   My question is: Has anyone successfully done this upgrade?

We are on Oracle 10.2.0.4 Enterprise Edition, upgraded from 9.2.0.6 just prior
to the Kronos upgrade.  I know that this is a bit off-topic, but hopefully
someone here has done this and can help point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88 (Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx)
(585) 475-7886
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.